BKi seeks talented, motivated individuals with an interest in supporting our mission to create innovative market-driven consulting and software solutions for energy, water, and transportation. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a collaborative work environment. Learn more about our mission, values, and culture.
TO APPLY: Please submit a current resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
The Technical Program Analyst position plays a key role on the program management team by providing technical energy efficiency expertise. You will use your expertise in the CPUC regulated environment in service of local governments and utility clients. You must be effective at building and maintaining relationships with clients and stakeholders by actively managing expectations, practicing good judgement, and effectively communicating critical information. Delivering technical analysis, reports, and engineering documentation on time and within budget is essential.
Why work with us?
BKi tackles one of the biggest challenges of our time: keeping communities strong by conserving water, energy and fuel. We focus on programs that move water- and energy-efficient technologies and alternative transportation into the mainstream, and by empowering people to make smart, informed decisions that save them money while protecting the environment.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to)
- Effectively deliver technical analysis, reports, and engineering documentation
- Lead regulatory analysis and engineering evaluations on behalf of BKi’s clients
- Coordinate review of technical documents with CPUC and or CEC staff
- Manage tasks for demand side management programs in the electricity, natural gas and water sectors
- Successfully utilize standard industry modeling tools to support energy savings analysis
- 3-5 years program management experience with a focus on implementation of energy efficiency programs.
- B.S. in an environmental science/engineering or related major
- Highly proficient in Excel, and most Microsoft Office Professional Applications
- Experienced with CPUC regulatory reporting requirements, engineering work paper development, and cost effectiveness calculations. Experience presenting/defending analysis to regulatory agencies.
- Working knowledge of Quality Assurance and Evaluation, Measurement, and Verification (EM&V) processes and protocols for incentive programs.
- Experience developing and managing project budgets, milestone timelines, and reporting deliverables for multiple projects.
- Experience with interfacing with local government agencies as well as utility stakeholders.
- Experience conducting residential building energy modeling and analysis.
- Experience in utilizing cost effectiveness tools for program design and implementation.
Attributes required to be successful in this role
Initiative: A self-starter, problem-solver, and strong collaborator who is able to work effectively with a large number of partners/stakeholders.
Communication: Able to effectively communicate technical analysis results and methods in layman’s terms: strives to be clear, accurate, and concise.
More about us
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Los Angles, just a block from Pershing Square and close to several public transit options. BKi offers an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, long-term disability, and 401k.