BKi is hiring! BKi is growing and looking for new talent to join our team.
Composed of engineers, economists, scientists, public policy professionals, writers, analysts, and graphic artists, BKi is a management consulting firm that promotes technologies and programs for cleaner, more-efficient energy use. From advanced power plants to fuel cell vehicles to community-scale building energy retrofit programs, our goal is to move promising new technology from the laboratory into commercial use. Our typical clients include gas and electric utilities, local governments, nonprofit research organizations, national laboratories, the California Fuel Cell Partnership, and state and federal energy and air quality agencies. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and flexible hours. Our office is informal and environmentally savvy. We’re an equal opportunity employer, committed to the professional growth of our people. BKi has offices in both downtown Oakland and Los Angeles, California, conveniently near transit hubs. Please send your resume to email@example.com.
- Program Consultant – Budget and Resource Planning, Los Angeles, CA Office
Program Consultant–Budget and Resource Planning
BKi seeks a Program Consultant – Budget and Resource Planning to support implementation of residential energy efficiency retrofit and finance programs in Southern California. The Program Consultant will provide an advanced level of project analysis support, including project budgeting, resource planning, and project tracking and reporting. This role requires a numbers oriented professional that is obsessed with data quality and accuracy. The Program Consultant will report to the Division Director in the Los Angeles office. Interested candidates please take note of the following compensation information specific to this role:
- Salary Range for this position is 60-70K
- No relocation package available
- Eligible for full time benefits
- 100% employer paid Medical and Dental for employee and dependents
- 100% employer paid life, STD, and LTD insurance
- Profit sharing
- Pretax Flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care
- Pretax commuter benefits
- 24 day PTO Bank
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Program Consultant – Budget and Resource Planning will perform the following, and other duties as assigned:
- Take a lead role in developing and maintaining project budgets, schedules, and reporting related to effective implementation of regional building retrofit and finance programs.
- Project lead role in implementation of consumer facing finance programs.
- Plan, track, report, and analyze program progress and identify variances to plan and make recommendations to senior management.
- Design and implement quality assurance procedures, protocols, and controls in budget tracking and reporting.
- Establish and maintain resource planning for BKi staff across a number of discreet projects using the Deltek finance and accounting tool.
- Work with the Senior Program Manager and Division Director to design reports and provide project metrics as required.
- Respond to ad-hoc data requests from both internal and external sources as directed by the Senior Program Manager.
- Coordinate with participating local governments, regulatory agencies, utilities, and other external stakeholders as necessary.
- Support the development of proposals and grant applications.
The successful candidate will have the following minimum qualifications:
- At least five years of demonstrated success in a program or project management role
- Five years of project management experience, including project cost accounting design, budget management, project tracking and reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, accounting, or other relevant field required
- Excellent analytical skills including proficiency with budget management, spreadsheets, project and resource planning, and data quality assurance
- Proven ability to communicate effectively at all organizational levels in a professional, ethical, and nonpartisan manner
- Demonstrated success as a member of a highly effective program or project management team.
- Government client experience preferred
- Experience in preparing for financial audits a plus
- Advanced Excel skills and strong experience with Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook required
- Experience with resource planning software (Deltek) preferred
- Self-motivation, as well as a proven enthusiasm for team work and the ability to thrive in a collaborative environment
- Knowledge of utility industry desired, but not required
- Attention to detail and a passion for delivering a quality product that is 100% accurate
- Some local travel may be required at times - clean driving record required
EDUCATION AND BACKGROUND
Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university in related field preferred AND at least three years of experience similar to those described for this position.